Join the Association of Short Term Lenders
Applications for membership are welcome from principal bridging lenders. Applications for associate membership are welcome from firms that provide services to lenders.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right and click the “Submit” button. We will then be in contact with you to discuss this and provide further information. Prospective members and associate members will be asked to complete a detailed application form and supply additional information.
The application process will take up to four weeks to complete and may include a visit by the ASTL’s Chief Executive Officer. The application form will be circulated to all lender members for comment and consideration.
Applicants for membership must share the ASTL’s objectives, sign up to the ASTL’s Code of Conduct and Membership Rules (copies of which can be downloaded from our About Us page) and agree to pay the annual membership fees.
Here’s a summary of some of the benefits of membership:
- Participation in a group of highly responsible lenders that all share a common interest in acting with integrity and adherence to the highest of standards, at all times
- Interaction between Lender and Associate Members covering a wide range of disciplines from legal and audit, through to valuation and property management
- Representation to the FCA, HM Treasury and other important regulatory and trade bodies
- Access to meetings arranged jointly with broker trade bodies
- Access to the HMRC Mortgage Verification Scheme
- Reduced cost to access National SIRA and Hunter Fraud System
- Informal group meetings for members to discuss current market issues
- Formal meetings and lunches to debate topics of the day and seminars where members staff are encouraged to participate
- Quarterly data distribution providing insight to current market trends
- Regular Industry sentiment surveys
- Regular updates, both legal and regulatory, on bridging and associated industry issues
- Opportunity to contribute to, and be mentioned within, ASTL press coverage
- Contribution to the ASTL monthly newsletter
- Inclusion on the ASTL website including a link to your own website and use of the ASTL logo
Click here for full Membership Rules